Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reflection Time?

So I'm assuming (due to the numerous posts by you all) that I'm supposed to tell you what I thought about the Rhetorical Analysis. I was out of town today and missed class, so I hope I'm on the right path with this. Basically, the RA assignment was alright. It felt more like a "plug and chug" equation rather than a paper, but that's okay. I guess. We talked about this a little bit in class, but I felt like it wasn't much of a stretch for us. Yes, there were some parts that I struggled with, but the overall concept was fairly simple. I liked how the assignment made me think though. I had to really look at what the writer was doing in his paper, and why he did it. I feel like this was the most difficult part for me. Seeing the reason behind each move he made was a challenge, but it was one that I felt was manageable and also helped me to grow as a better writer. I liked how we did the reviews this time around, and I again appreciated the structured timeline and conferences required by the class. These helped me to stay on track and not just write it all in one night. If I were to be given the option of doing it again, I would certainly decline, but I feel like my time was not entirely wasted on this paper, so life goes on.

2 comments:

  1. It's good that "your time was not entirely wasted on this paper." Haha it was only mostly a waste of time. :P The paper was pretty formulaic, but it wasn't bad. It was interesting analyzing others' rhetoric.

    Cool picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought about that after I wrote it. It was interesting though.

      Delete